D*ana's Dirt - danasdirt.com

 

Dana's Dirt
 

****WELCOME TO D*ANA'S DIRT... NOW SERVING UP THE DIRT TO OVER 12,000 A DAY AND GROWING.... IF YOU LIKE MY SITE, PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS... I WANT MORE HITS, IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED TO DO THIS... Here's what people are saying about D*ana's DIRT... "I went on vacation for a week to Disney and all I could think about was my daily smack withdrawal. I love D*ana's Dirt!" - Lynn, Enfield, CT... "I can't go one day without checking your site like 20 times!" - Jaclyn, Whittier, CA... "Hello my name is Kristen and I am a D*anaHolic." - Kristen, Tampa, FL... "Your website is sexy. Hi, Allison and Paris!" - Cathy, Washington, DC... "I lovvvee your blog....great job!" - Kiley, USA... "Kiss my ass corny witch bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - a D*ana's Dirt Copycat who finds this site so "corny" she had to copy it... "I'm so addicted it must be smack!" - Heather, New York, NY... "Straight guys read your site! Just in case you did not know that." - Tony, Phoenix, AZ... "Love the new look. It's as sexy as you are! XOXO" - Perez, PerezHilton.com... "Damn woman, I'm so hooked!! Even got a few friends hooked as well... Now when we talk it's, 'Did you see what's on D*ana's Dirt this morning/afternoon/evening???'" - Andrea, Ontario, Canada... "I seriously visit D*ana's Dirt anywhere's from 15-20 times daily." - Jessica, Houston, TX... "I found your blog a little while ago and I have to say, I'm hooked!!" - Sahar... "Is Rudy Huxtable REALLY MESSIN' with CHINGY???" - Dach... "Dana...You're Awesome!!" - Susan, Tampa, FL... "Hotlinking SUCKS!" - Sarah, CBB... Send me your dirt danasdirt@danasdirt.com! DISCLAIMER: THE STUFF YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE... IT'S GOSSIP, RUMOR, SPECULATION, AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACTUAL!! EVER PLAY TELEPHONE?? THEN YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Advertise Here!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Elf Cosmetics

dELiA*s

macys.com

Register.com

figleaves.com

Hallmark.com

Movielink, LLC

onehanesplace.com

Freshpair.com

animated Phanfare 125x125 Square

Free Shipping

Cambridge SoundWorks

Hot Topic Band Tee Shirts

customized products

PacSun.com - Hot Deals

Spend $50 and Get $25 Off Your Next Order

Shop for sexy lingerie at Henry and June

Match.com

Apple iTunes

Championcatalog.com

DisneyShopping

Fashion Bug

justmysize.com

CellularFactory

Ice.com, Ice, jewelry, diamonds, ring, rings, necklace, necklaces, pendant, pendants, discount, sale

Relax The Back

ShopNBC

Shutterfly.com

Spa Finder, Inc

stacyadams.com (Weyco Group, Inc.)

Tupperware.com, Inc.

GiftBaskets.com, Inc.

Promgirl

Madisonavemall.com, Inc.

Sharper Image

Lane Bryant Swimwear 120X240

Overstock.com, Inc.

David's Cookies (Fairfield Gourmet Foods Corporation)

Dirt Devil

FragranceNet.com

1-800-FLOWERS.COM

Stonewall Kitchen, LLC

Booty Parlor

Chemistry.com

FoodSaver.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Inspired Silver

LastMinuteTravel.com

Lingo

Magazines.com, Inc.

Mikasa&Company 125x125

Golfballs.com

Western Union Quick Collect Auto Payments

Womans Accessories 125x125

Wolfgang's Vault - Exclusive Aerosmith Products

Premium wines and gifts

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Postercheckout.com

Dana M's Facebook profile

See your favorite artists live in concert with premium tickets from TickCo.com. They have great tickets to Madonna concerts nationwide, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw Soul2Soul II tickets, the American Idols tour tickets, Mariah Carey tickets, Pearl Jam and Tool tickets on sale now!

Theater Tickets

Wicked Tickets

Spamalot Tickets

Gossip with TV celebs!
Gossip with TV celebs!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Willa Ford Inc. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us CrispAds Blog Advertising The Best Purse -onal Organizer Ever!


Thursday, October 21

My IRRATIONAL FEAR

Hi, my name is Dana and I have an irrational fear of cockroaches.

Seriously... Everyone hates them, I mean - nobody likes to see a big fat nasty roach crawling around their kitchen... but most people just shreik and kill and dispose of. I freak out.

When I see a roach, my skin burns. I panic. I tense up. I run. My whole body itches. I then become completey afraid of the room or area where I saw the roach for about 12-24 hours.

Tonight I saw the roach IN the dishwasher. Good thing too because there was nobody here to kill it had it been running about in the kitchen. I slammed the dishwasher door and turned it on. It must be dead by now. It has to be. It burned and drowned and tried to get out as the heat billowed in and the water came rushing towards it... GOOD. I hope it felt the fear I felt.

Now I am upstairs because after seeing that horrid creature I can not even sit in the livingroom without thinking that maybe it survived... or maybe there's more... so I am upstairs and hungry, but I'm afraid to venture back to the kitchen for fear there might be another one chillin' out waiting to get me... and then the fear would start all over again.

My skin is still crawling. I have flashbacks about the roach for hours after I see one.

Is this what would be considered an "irrational" fear? I mean... they're gross and everyone hates them... but to obsess so much. Chances are there are more around - it's Florida and "that time of year"... but is it normal to become so scared of a bug the size of my thumb that I won't even spend time on an entire floor of my house?

Yeah - it's that time of year. That's what they told me at the leasing office when I asked them to come spray my house for bugs. They were here yesterday... I saw this thing tonight. Lot of good that did. AND the cleaning people were just here today - so its not like I live in some bug infested pigsty.

OK, that's enough. Hopefully it wasn't too freaky for anyone... but I bet your skin is crawling right now isn't it?

So the Houston/St. Louis game is on. I want Houston. Roger Clemens. Make him come play the Sox... and he's not a Yankee this time so he can't walk on the field with the same cockiness he did as a Yankee. It will be the ultimate F U to Clemens for the Sox to win the World Series AGAINST him. Doesn't look like its gonna happen though - Cardinals are up 5-2 right now.

OK I gotta go. Hope no cockroaches make their way to my bed tonight... that's how I think after I see a roach. It sucks.

Dana

    6 Comments:

    At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You crack me up!
    We have Terminex come spray every 3 months for preventive measures, everytime after there here a few little creatures make there way out. I called them about this and I guess it's supposed to happen- it's actually good for some reason. They said they help to bring the poison/bait back to the "others" if there are any. Hopefully after the first few days you won't see anymore of those nasty little buggers. :)

     
    At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so with you on the fear of roaches. One night (when I was pregnant with my son) my DH was in Orlando and of course while I'm there alone defenseless a HUGE roach appears. I called my husband and demanded he come back home (I live in Lakeland) to kill the roach. He called his brother to come over to kill the roach for me. Ok, fine I can deal but since I was in my bedroom because the roach was outside my bedroom door BIL would have to come through the window. Anywho, I swear this roach could smell fear and crawled right under the door. I don't know what happened, maybe it was the hormones, I snapped threw a book at the roach, jumped over it to the laundry room found Raid and sprayed the roach even though I'm sure the book had killed it. Totally understand the fear of roaches.

    And remember the Orkin commercial where the roach was crawling on the tv screen? I thought it was real when I first saw it. I about pissed my pants.

     
    At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, I can't stand roaches either, but it is spiders that make me freak - big ones, even little jumping ones. To me it seems like anything with 8 legs can run faster than I can run away from it! I don't get itchy though, I get panicked, shake, and start crying - I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF SPIDERS! I had one the size of my hand (a wood spider) jump on me and that must have been what started my fear. I can't kill them because i'm so afraid of them and my husband is NOT my hero! We had a wood spider in the house last week - I walked in our room and saw him on the floor staring at me (you know the spider stare, where they are just walking around the floor and you come upon it and it freezes and stares at you). I backed out of the room and asked my husband to kill it - he laughed at me and threw me a shoe. I begged him and he wouldn't do it. So I found a can of Raid and went after it, but let me tell you I was in hysterics the whole time. And to top it off - I didn't get it! So now I had to go to bed wondering if he was going to crawl on me in the middle of the night.

     
    At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just so you know, the reason the roach probably appeared upstairs after they sprayed is because they all tried to escape the area where the spraying was and that sorta drew them out. At least now most of them are dead. Ew. I saw one one night in my apartment and shrieked so loudly, I thought someone was going to call the cops. I ended up spraying an entire can of bug spray at it, throwing paper towels on it, and using my swiffer to shove it out the door and into the hallway. So gross!

    As for your fear, it may be a touch irrational, but not harmful. You do what makes you comfortable. That's what matters.

     
    At 3:46 PM, Blogger D*ana said...

    OMG YOU WORKED AT FRIENDLY'S!!! That is my FAVORITE!!! Friendly's had the BEST chicken fingers and they had this AWESOME "Kid's Kiss Sundae" made with marshmallow, fudge, and hershey kisses when I was little. We used to go there ALL the time. In fact, I believe I was dragged out of there by my ear one time when I was being a brat but that's another story LOL... I love Friendly's!!! It used to be SUCH A TREAT to go there... I thought it was some super fantastic place when really it's like a Denny's with Ice Cream lol... Anyway, Brigham's rules too. And Papa Gino's. They don't have any of those places down here... Instead we get Sonic and Checkers - ew.

    TK threw a roach at me once. It was when we first met and he didn't realize the trauma I experienced... This little f*cker is still sitting dead in the bottom of the dishwasher, like where all the food drains... I am waiting for TK to get home because even though it's dead, I'm not going near it.

    Now I want ICE CREAM!

    Dana

     
    At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG, I was just thinking the other day that I could REALLY go for a Papa Ginos Pizza. Sucks there arent any places around here like it. Actually Roma's Pizza in Ybor is similar and really good, but not quite the same. Too funny thats what you miss too...Friendlys was the best as a kid for us in Maine too.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Hartford

    I'm a radio DJ and mommy to the CUTEST little girl Kyla!

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Click here for audio sample!

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    D*ana's MySpace Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us